Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Just in from the Wisconsin State Fair


I asked Pam (my step-mother-in-law) to take some photos at the Wisconsin State Fair so I could see what my curtains/fabric panels looked like in the Sheep Area.  Awhile back, I wrote a post about a big sewing project I had completed for Pam.  I made six double-sided fabric panels which would be hung up around some sheep pens at the fair.  They were basically like big pillow cases and I made a casing about an inch down from the top so that a wire could be inserted into the panels to hang them up.  Turns out decorating your sheep pens in an extra special way is some sort of contest, but I did not know that when I first made the panels.

I have not heard yet if Pam won the prize for the best decorated sheep pen, but her ewe named "Destiny" got a first place prize for "ewe lamb".



Here are some photos from the fair (Thanks, Pam!)



A little blurry but you can see the fabric panels. 


I love seeing the sheep in their special costs, jackets, wraps?  I don't know much about sheep or showing sheep. 



Looks like the fabric panels were handy for information to be displayed as well. 






Pam and her brother, Greg, both showed some sheep.  Like I said, Pam's sheep is called Destiny. The other sheep are Butch and Sundance Kid.  I am not sure which sheep is which in the photos above.  Sun Dance Kid was awarded Reserve Grand Champion.  Butch and Destiny were both awarded first place in their divisions. 

I should learn more about sheep. I just see sheep and see potential yarn. 




No comments: