Friday, June 19, 2015

My Socks are Famous!

Something kind of cool happened this week. My socks were featured in an article on Ravelry.  You have to log in to Ravely to see the article as it is, but I was able to sort of "cut & paste" the article here into my blog.  The article appeared on June 16, 2015, and, as a result, my socks are getting lots of views and I am getting a lot of nice comments about my socks.  Last I checked, the socks have been viewed at least 850 times.  Crazy, right?  Here's what the article sort of looks like.

Community Eye Candy: Poolside


Pooling – when the colors in a multicolored ball of yarn group together – can be the bane of a crafter’s existence. You may find yourself trying countless gauges or patterns to break up the colors more evenly. But sometimes, by accident or as the result of a lot of math, pooling can have amazing results. Today we’re hanging “pool”side and checking out some great recent projects that involve pooling.

Sometimes pooling can create bright, unexpected patterns! From left to right: kimfluck’s Saint Valentine Socks, And3UglyOnes’ Socks chvv7, ckkeepstricken’s It had to be Franz! & now Pfau for the neighbor, and VictorianStudio’s Rainbow “Snake” Scarf.

I loved the shared geometric pooling in all these projects! From left to right: Klar651’s RED CARPET, sternchen11’s Ein Wal in Pool, QuietDissident’s Purple makes even washing dishes better, and pixieface’s Scream Queen.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Congratulations! Your socks are awesome!

~Have a lovely day!