Saturday, April 11, 2015

From fitted sheet to diaper stacker


Diaper Stacker


I've know Jenn at work for a few years now. She and her husband, Jared, are expecting a boy in June. 


A few weeks back, Jenn showed me the bedding she picked out for the baby's room. She said she'd love a diaper stacker. 


I knew I'd never find fabric to match exactly. I had a light bulb moment. It occurred to me I could buy a fitted sheet and cut it up to make a diaper stacker.  


It worked!  I had just enough fabric.  When I make this pattern I like to add a piece of foam board to the bottom to give the diaper stacker some structure. I had enough fabric to make a little fabric sleeve for the foam board. That finishes it off nicely I think. 

I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I am not a perfectionist, but when I am making a gift like this, I notice little flaws. 

Here are some pictures of the other bedding items Jenn and Jared's baby will have. I sure like what they've selected. 


This bedding set is called Jungle Buddies. 





2 comments:

affectioknit said...

It's perfect...your friend is lucky!

~Have a lovely day!

Farah said...

how do you fold fitted sheets?
I know there is a way to fold them neatly, but I can't remember how to start