Sunday, April 26, 2015

Autumn Leaves Necklace



"Leaves": a design by Petra Breakstone
This pattern calls for about 40 yards of fingering/sock weight yarn and some small beads.
The pattern link can be found HERE.






What a fun, rewarding knit!  I hurried up and finished up some socks Friday night so I could reward myself with a sweet pattern and a new little project on a Saturday afternoon.  I had this knit up in no time. The only thing difficult about this pattern is keeping track of rows.  I used a sticky "Post-It" note to keep track and that did the trick.  I did have to rip out one leaf because I lost track a few times.





For this project, I used a leftover bit of Zauberball yarn in the Burnt Almond color way.  I used the rest of the yarn for an Infinity Cowl which you can see HERE.  As you can see, the color does change from deep red to a rusty orange in this yarn, although it is not as noticeable in my Leaves Necklace. 

I've already been digging around in my yarn stash and I found some great yarn for another Leaves Necklace.  The beads I used were clear beads but the holes in the beads were painted with gold metallic paint.  I think they go nicely with the yarn but it's hard to tell in photos since the beads are rather small.

This project would make for a great last minute gift for someone special.  I did block my necklace with pins on a blocking mat and spritzed it generously with water to flatten out the leaves a bit and also give the leaves a bit more definition.  I think in future Leaves Necklaces, I'd like to figure out how to add a few more beads to each leaf for a little more bling. 



No comments: