Saturday, April 25, 2015

Autumn Leaves Necklace


Leaves Necklace: Knitted Wearable Jewelry


A few weeks back, I noticed a pretty shawl on Facebook. I read the comments that other folks wrote. I just don't get rude people on the Internet. One woman wrote:

"Why would anyone BUY a pattern?  There are so many free patterns available."  

How rude.  What a negative thing to say! My mom always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. 

I was so ticked off that I bought the pattern as if to tell the designer that I think the shawl is great and understand the value of everything that went into creating the design and the pattern. I look forward to casting on the shawl some time soon. I have the yarn ready to go. It was a gift from Belinda who bought the yarn for me on a trip to New York!

The shawl designer and I are are now friends on Ravelry and Facebook. Last night, she posted a photo of a knitted necklace. I bought the pattern and madly worked on finishing my Fruit Stripe Socks on Friday night so I could make the necklace my Saturday knitting project. 

I had this knit up in nearly one sitting and it was a super fun knit. 

My Autumn Leaves Necklace includes beads and I used a bit of leftover Zauberball yarn in the Burnt Almond color way. The project is blocking and drying right now. I'll post a photo soon. 

No comments: