Saturday, February 28, 2015

Traffic Island Socks


Traffic Island Socks




Things are zigging and zagging at my house. I love this pattern. The pattern designer says she called the design Traffic Island because the design reminded her of playing the video game "Frogger" where the player helps the frog safely cross two sets of highways and two sets of waterways, using the traffic islands in between as breathing places, safe from cars, trucks, snakes, alligators, and submerging turtles. 

I used to play Frogger many moons ago and I don't really see it, but the colors in the yarn I am using kind of remind me of frogs a bit. The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in the Acquarium colorway. This is the perfect pattern for self-striping yarn and it's a super fun knit!  You'll have the pattern row memorized in a jiffy if you give this pattern a try. 

I am knitting these socks two at a time in two sets of dpns (2.25 mm). This pattern would be a great Magic Loop pattern, a technique I recently learned (but am far from mastering). 

Happy Knitting!

No comments: