Sunday, January 11, 2015

Magic Loop Sock Knitting


After all the home improvement projects we've done the past few days, I had the pleasure of hanging out at the knit shop yesterday with a bunch of friends. We all  took a class with Robbie and she is teaching us how to knit socks from the top down, two at a time, on one long circular needle. The cable is 40 inches in length.  

I am using some great heavy weight sock yarn by Regia (Design line by Kaffe Fassett).  I often painstakingly line up the designs when using self-striping yarn like this, but today I just cast on with reckless abandon. It was just dumb luck, but it is actually great that the socks are mismatched so I can easily keep track of Sock A versus Sock B as I am learning a new technique. 


I don't know yet if this will become my preferred method of sock knitting. I like to knit socks with double pointed needles; that is the technique I learned first. Whatever the case may be, I sure enjoyed taking the class with a great bunch of ladies. 

No comments: