Monday, August 25, 2014

I-Spy


I Spy... a blue heart!


I-Spy... zebra!


I-Spy an ice cream cone? Do you?


I-Spy a ruler and a clock!


I-Spy a dinosaur bone!


I-Spy a racecar!


I-Spy a seahorse.  Do you?
 



A little "hook & loop" tape keeps it all together.


The other day, I stumbled across a fun looking sewing project on Facebook, a fabric I-Spy book.  The tutorial is found HERE at Fish Sticks Designs.  I immediately dove into my stash of fabric scraps and fat quarters and went crazy.  I made enough squares to make two similar books but have completed just one book so far. As I was making the squares, I got more and more creative with the piecing. I did not have to purchase any fabric for the project; however, I did purchase a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 hard plastic square so I could cut out the finished squares to precise measurements with my rotary cutter.  Also, in case you are wondering, there is a layer of fusible fleece sandwiched between the book front and back sides. 

When I was done with my book, I was so tickled. I truly believe is the most fun I have ever made making a sewing project.  With a project like this, you are only limited by your imagination.  Endless possibilities!  I have so many ideas for other books. I am sure this will not be the last fabric book you see here.

Check out the Fish Sticks Designs blog/website for more amazing sewing inspiration!

No comments: