Sunday, March 23, 2014

Some Socks


Being a knitting blog and all, it's probably a good idea to post some knitting photos once in a blue moon. It' only took me about 2 1/2 months to get these socks done! Eeek! I thought of making and giving them to my coworker way back in January as a late Christmas present. I had to make her something else. So these were an early St. Patricks Day present? I don't know. Whatever the case may be, it felt good to finish a knitting project. Now if I can just finish those other 5 or 6 pairs of socks on the needles. But before I get to those, I had to cast on another pair of socks. These are Sochi Socks. My friend, Mrs. S, was introduced to sock knitting by me a few montsh ago and she's gone "Sock Crazy". She and I decided to do a Sock Knit-a-Long and we are making this fair isle pattern. We are sharing the colorful accent yarns since I had a bunch of plain brightly colored sock yarn in my stash. She is making her socks with cream colored yarn and bright fair isle designs, while I am making my socks with dark navy blue yarn with bright fair isle designs. 

 Once we get them done, we'll have to pose for a picture together wearing our colorful socks! There is something rather addictive to color work. It's kind of hard to put down this project once you get going. I like that the fair isle is just in the cuff otherwise I might get a bit tired from teh project. I think this is just the right amount of colorwork in a pair of socks. I am using 2.75 mm needles for the cuff and plain portions of the sock. For the fair isle portion, I am using 3.00 mm needles. Not looking forward to weaving in all the loose ends, but looking forward to finishing these socks.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Love the socks!

~Have a lovely day!