Friday, March 28, 2014

Knotted Rib Hat



It felt good to knit a hat this week!
It's been a long time.

I saw this pattern on Facebook and decided to make it the hat since I had suitable yarn.  I used Cascade 220 Superwash (worsted weight).  When I finished the hat, I noticed the pattern called for Cascade 220 Superwash (aran weight).  I had never heard of this before. Maybe it's new!?  I think aran weight yarn is slightly thicker or heavier than worsted weight.  The pattern called for US Size 7 needles which is what I used.  The hat fits perfectly on my wig stand, Miss Wiggy.  To me the hat seems a bit short so I imagine the fit is more of a skull type cap.  I haven't even tried it on myself yet; I am sure it will fit someone. 

The pattern is called Knotted Rib Hat and the pattern is free. The pattern can be found HERE.


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

It's very pretty!

~Have a lovely day!