Friday, March 28, 2014

A little more sewing...


Do you mind seeing a bit more sewing?
I made up these stockings a few weeks ago and just now found time to take some nice photos.

Now that I am selling things on Etsy, I am also finding myself buying some things on Etsy.  One of my favorite shops is called BywaterFabric.  Actually I have a lot of favorite shops... but I digress.

I found this kit to make these four stockings in BywaterFabric. The kit included the preprinted panel for the four stockings you see, the instructions, the tabs for hanging, the fabric for lining the stockings, and the fabric for backing the stockings. They only thing I added was some Pellon fusible fleece.  I can't recall if I followed the instructions to a "T"; I looked at a number of on-line tutorials for how to assemble stockings without a lot of hand sewing.   From what I understand, the fabric is from a line of fabrics by designer Julie Paschkis.  I think the line is called something like "Julen... In the Beginning."  Whatever the case may be, I found the design and fabrics included very appealing and it was a fun and rewarding project.  Oh, there are four little bird ornaments... I haven't made those yet.   As you can see, each stocking is different... a horse, a squirrel, a bird, and a mouse.  I like that I added the Pellon fusible fleece. It makes the stockings a bit more "substantial". I did a little top stitching on the fronts of the stockings in order to make them look a bit quilted.


This is the backside of the stocking... they all look the same on the backside.
 

Just one close up of the front... cute!
 
 
 
Nicely lined and ready to fill with goodies...
 
 
I like that these have a "folk art" sort of quality.  They are Christmassy, but they don't scream "Christmas!" if that makes sense.  I'd like to make more of these. I've seen some other pre-printed panels for sale on the Internet but none of them include all the coordinating fabrics to complete the project.  Fun, fun, fun!

No comments: